Announcement Date: August 30, 1932
On August 30, 1932 the same group organized under the new name, Open Bible Evangelistic Association.
The name of the Bible school was changed to Open Bible Training School. The youth group was changed to Open Bible Crusaders.
In 1933, First Church of the Open Bible signed a contract with the radio station KSO for gospel broadcast. This was the start of the long-term radio broadcast which brought the message of the Open Bible to all of Iowa.
Frank and Rose Smith came from California in the late 1920’s. It wasn’t until 1939 that Frank became the pastor of the First Church of the Open Bible at 19th and Crocker. Frank Smith led the denomination through 37 years of phenomenal growth.